My name is Ro Dhamija.
I am applying to you for the job of Ward 4 Town Councillor.
I am not a politician! I am a citizen just like you. As a citizen, I expect my elected official to speak on my behalf and represent my interests at Town Hall. Also, I expect my representative to keep me informed on Town issues that may affect my family and me. This is exactly why I am putting my name forward. I will be your best representative at Town Hall.
I urge you to get involved and make an informed decision. One impactful way to elect change is to elect the right kind of people to public once. I am one of these people. I will put y our interest first!
We must not be mere spectators in our collective destiny but full-fledged participants in building a livable Oakville for future generations.
I don't need this job, I want this job! Why you ask? Simply put, my passion for community service.
As an Airline Captain , I belong to the 2nd most trusted profession in the world! Hundreds of people place their trust in me every time I go to work. Trust me to be your representative. I am a candidate who is accessible, competent and a strong advocate to represent your concerns.
Please feel free to contact me via phone or email if you have any questions or would like to know me better. Please do read the other pages in this pamphlet. You will come to know the person I am.
Thank you for your time! Regards,
- Ro Dhamija
- A well-integrated Canadian
- Lived all over Canada
- Settled in Oakville and a resident for 15 years
- Married to Catherine - my rock!
- Father of 3 lovely children
- Belong to the 2nd most trusted profession in the world! I am an Airline Captain
- A dedicated leader and a volunteer with a passion for community service
- Founding & current President, Bronte Creek Community Residents Association
- Simply put, my passion for community service
- I’ve travelled the world and witnessed how municipalities function efficiently
- I’ve been close to the ground in my community and have heard from my neighbours, friends and community the issues that matter the most to them
- I have led the effort in organizing and participated in many community-centric activities
- I will bring diverse perspectives and diverse ideas to council
- I have a passion for helping others through community service
- Organized street parties that raised funds for Starlight Children’s Foundation
- I morphed the effort into the establishment of the Bronte Creek Community Residents Association (BCCRA) Inspired, engaged and included my neighbours and friends to join me to make the BCCRA a success story and bring my ideas to fruition
- Under my leadership the BCCRA has:
- Held six successful annual Earth Day cleanups
- Raised $25,000 for the Oakville Hospital
- Advocated the establishment of a community skating rink in Bronte Creek
- Been successful in obtaining sponsorships for Bronte Creek Family Movie Nights
- Held Successful BCCRA Movember campaign that raised funds for prostate cancer
- Inspired, engaged and included my neighbours and friends to join me to make the BCCRA a success story and bring my ideas to fruition
- Successfully lobbied an airline to donate tickets to various local charity fundraisers
- Successfully lobbied the Indo Canada Golf Association to donate thousands of dollars to Dreams Take Flight
- Organized Halton-based airline employee parties collecting non-perishable food items for the Fair Share Foodbank
I inspire people to become
interested, share ideas and actENGAGE
I bring people together to
rally behind a causeINVITE
I invite opinions and encourage
discussion to make informed decisions
- Protecting Precious Greenspace
- Balancing Development with Supporting Infrastructure
- Enhancing Public Safety
- Addressing Services for Seniors
- Encouraging Youth Participation (Join #TeamRo to earn volunteer hours)
- Keeping jobs In Oakville
- Improving transit
- Attracting business
I know that diverse ideas are the lifeblood of progress
- I have the passion & energy to serve
- I am anchored in the community
- I am an efficient time manager
- I will manage expectations and recognize limitations
- I have the ability to leverage and deal with modern technology
- I am a good listener
- I am a team player
- I maintain a healthy physical and emotional lifestyle
- I commit to never dishonor the office
- I will make decisions based on merit not emotion
leaders from our community
Hispanic Community Leader
President, Vaishno Devi Hindu Temple
Rev. Jeff Ward
Rector, St. Luke's Anglican Church